I’m having some minor health woes last month and will be getting it fixed this week. CAN’T WAIT! I had very limited use of my hand for a while (so I have to put a hold to capping ILICDD) and will completely not be able to type a thing post-op till it’s healed. In the mean time, I’ll be watching plenty of dramas (hopefully), but I won’t be able to spazzarant on them here :/. So, please be kind to me TPTB, only lemme pick good sating gems and nothing causing squeals of RAGE! and hurling of desks.
I hated everything I’ve touched in the currently airing 2013 Kdramas, either the dramas r mehhh, or the actors r fehhhh (to me). It’s time to take a serious break. Even though it is equipped with an actor I like (Kim JiHoon), Flower Boy Neighbor is boring me to tears and I find the Cute! very tedious and fake, it aggravates me the more I watch. It’s not bad, but somehow it manages to annoy me disproportionally much. What is Wrong with me?!
- Final 6 eps of CWGM. This is my Kdrama therapy. I have rewinded many scenes to reread subs because I hate to miss a word. It’s that good. I’m savoring it like the most precious last few morsels of bittersweet chocolate at the pace of half an ep of CWGM to: 2 fking silliest eps of IMY and let me just rant it, how can it fug PYC so ridiculously much?!?! +a scene of scarily swarmy fugly PSY + a weepy KSW (how can u not improve a LICK fr ur swarmy StH ways?!?! H.O.W.?!?!?!?!?!?!?) I wanna hit his face and I can’t but I need to + some wailing of WHY I can’t stand FBN even when KJH is nommy and PSH is quite good and KJH’s sidekick is cute too and the Japanese guy? is also quite cute and it’s not like I just learnt YSY is an energizer plastic bunny of utmost OTTcracktasticity and it’s SHOUJO! STILL, I can’t stand its boring.
- Last half of Legal High. This woman is self-prescribing herself some Masato slapstick hilarity. This so does the trick to massage the knots out of my brain.
- Yae no Sakura : an ep. That’s all it takes. SOLD! Ayase is ready to take her seat in serious leading ladydom. I can’t be happier to cheer on our Hotaru.
- Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi and?/or? Saikou no Rikon (and I MUST finish Soredemo, Ikite Yuku). Can a girl overdose with too much Eita goodness?!
- Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi or Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho just because MrX tweeted it’s decent. I normally can’t stand Erika. Nor Aya. We’ll see.
隋唐演义 Sui Tang Yan Yi/Romance of Sui and Tang Dynasties: I’m pinching myself in shock watching the first episode without wandering off somewhere safe for my eyes. This is surprisingly watchable, fast-paced and a decent (if quite campy and gaudy) rendition of the Qing historical epic novel (on the Sui and Tang dynasties) by Chu Ren Huo. The novel proper is much less known Internationally, but it’s as well-read as the Romance for the 3 Kingdoms as bedtime stories for generations of Chinese kids. At least this drama is not aiming high and almighty like GuoXiXi’s ChuHan only to drown in its own glorified pretentiousness. Many gorgeous men, eg Yan Kuan!! But this also marks my Nth hardest attempt to see ANYTHING charming about Zhang Han (why are there so many SSH equivalents ‘acting’?!?!), there is sth very skivvy about his eyes and he’s sooooo tragically talentless an actor to compensate the misgivings of his looks: his Luo Cheng, one of the ‘superheros in the novel is coming across like a big pervie baddie. Major travesty and eyesore! The ladies are all very genuinely pretty though, really what’s going on, kitschyplasticfugfaces-loving Cdramaland?!! All of a sudden, you’ve got yourself some much needed shallow taste! Bai Bing has never been more gorgeous, and geez, she’s serious about acting now. Surprise, surprise! But my biggest draw is the lovely who’s who of the cameos and they are given decent characterization to be awesome in the ensemble. Jiang Wu (the little bro of the much more famous thespian/director Jiang Wen) is such a delight, especially cute when it’s a scene he’s sharing with his Mommy played by the always amazing Siqin Gao Wa. Not saying it does not have warts, but this has heart. That’s enough for me to watch a Cdrama these days or just forgetaboutit. I have hopes this will be half as good as Water Margins.
- Girls S2: I finished the entire S1 this wkend, last stretch of which is around children and this is a super NSFW show, one which you’ll lost yourself into until little children ask what you are laughing at and you wanna freaken hide your ipad in your skirt, a show that should be watched with only very very close peeps, the laughing fits are scary to hear it myself. I marathoned it while I made vichyssoise first time and it’s not too shabby if I could say so myself, sticking with a JuliaChild’s recipe to a tee. I should go buy some lottery ticket on that pure good luck alone. I dunno why watching Girls make me very hungry, maybe cause of Brooklyn and NYC AND Michigan! I crave me some foodp0rn/comfort food. I ate a whole cookie sheet of homemade (I didn’t make them and that’s why they are SO YUM!!!) buffalo wings, all sorts of multicolored dips I can stick my whatever chips into. I’m officially sick of beer, ie I’ve watched too much american football and fake-cheering for my sorta hometeam when I don’t really care either way. All I care is I want to get into the mind of the Mommy when the headcoach brothers will headbutt come Superbowl.