One perfectly functioning hand with 5 fingers and lots of down time at (one) hand, still I can’t enjoy full flowing body and soul experience of blogging mindless silly SPAZZ when I am leaking mindlesssillySPAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ out of my pores.
1. Flight. DENZEL elevates a somewhat annoyingly bloated movie, nothing short of a miracle. He maybe the only actor who has NeVER disappoints me with his perf alone.
2. Cold War. Plot is shockingly st forward. Slick and decent and well done all around but nothing spectacular if not for Aaron and Tony Leung KaFai. Slightly underwhelmed by Eddie, coming off too obvious next to the SOOO GOOD Tony Leung. Aaron still overacts a tad in passing but when it’s a key scene, he’s ON! He’s been delivering solidly ever improving performances for decade+ now. This is Andy’s second outing after A Simple Life when I can let out a relief he’s not reverted back to full of his royal pain in the behind Andy-ness in a cameo.
3. It Started with A Kiss. Rewatching for the 4th? time. Still doing the trick. This is the only TWfluff with earnest poured into every nook doing sth good and cute with an excess of heart. The only TWdrama I suddenly crave a rainy bored night. It has flaws and warts and I know now Joe can’t really act and Ariel is able to suck. But ISWAK brings me back to a happy place prior. It’s my TWdrama chicken soup for the shoujoheart.
4. Les Mis. It’s trying wayyy too hard and emotionally disconnecting for me. I thought Wolverine was swarmy.
5. Girls. The characters are annoying, unlikeable, doing random schtick almost for the sake to be funny, being ridiculously brute and brash, forcing me to take the Show as cool and current or heck with it just because they are unapologetically doing silliest random things partaking in ‘REAL’ 20sthness of N.Fking Y.C. YET I feel this is what the generation EntitledMEMEMEMEMEEEEEE is realistically about AND it’s the funniest bladder challenging loling hilarious SHIZ, even when I’m consciously bugged and annoyed and offended, I’m still roaring in lolz to tears the same moment. Never boring.
GRANDMASTER. I CANT. IT is FLAWLESS. Lemme just gush, a minor tangent, as a young girl I was oddly in love with a movie Once Upon A Time in America without the capacity nor command of language to judge the sexist bigotry and the (censored out) gratuitous rape/violence/nudity but the music and the visual of romanticized, heightened world of prohibition 1920s bygone NYC, gangsters, Robert de Niro’s Noodles, their world, sticks. The feelings evoked by how little I can process is as every bit real and vivid till this day and just a piece of music used in Grandmaster, double hitting me.
As if I’m not speechless in uptaking every frame of Grandmaster as a museum quality piece of art like an oil life still from 1930s China, this is the music the artist of movie geniuses Mr WKW picks for a climatic wordless scene towards the end. (Is WKW paying homage to his Angkor Wat scene?) Not complaining.
I retain a memory of almost every frame, every line from the movie, in awe. I remember the exp at a Michelin 3star restaurant, not the type of food pushing all my comfort squealing buttons, yet I can’t deny every single element is mastery new to me, every bite is a taste of years of striving for nothing but perfection distilled. Grandmaster is worth every minute WKW and Tony Leung spent on it. It’s absolutely not entertainment. If In The Mood For Love was WKW lush artsy ode capturing the aching beauty of the loss of almost love, of a simple unrequited romance btn a man and a woman, of a 1960s HK, a stopover for all the old postwar migrating birds without feet, hopelessly wanting to take root but never meant to be. This is his other bookend piece of a grander lovely aria to all the opulent mastery of the art of tradition, the tradition of Wuxia passed down and honored by generations heightened to its epicness and urgency at Manguo, at post WW2. With a change of era, a passage of time, it’s no more. It is of the no turning back inbtw of the Old and New China, of the breathing people, masters stuck in the transition, where regrets have the most derelict of human beauty, creating the New, imprinting the death of the Old. Can’t be more sated. ZhangZiYi is finally honed to perfection in WKW’s lens. SHK is directed (and immaculately lit) to perfection. Every single cast member is sharp, but Tony is truly the master of effortless in the indulgence of WKW. Perfection, perfection. PERFECTION.
(I am actively praying for him to stop his cutest entertaining ways of being himself and gimme a break) Last few days he’s been busy……
- coining a phrase: 人为食亡 ask for more (lit. Man dies of food while ask(ing) for more, much more perfect cadence in his chinglish), spazzing as a foodie.
- Spotted on flight to Elephant Mt fr Beijing the same gushing of so much moreZOMGhandsome than on tele. Off starting the Hua Xu Yin drama. Show is officially beyond can’t ever suck now no matter how uncanon coz KC said JiangXin’s OTP is YH not him (they’ll prob be 宋凝 and 沈岸) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I loveeee their arc and already perfect fanart is out! I ❤ the HXY fandom more than the book itself.
- Also, the most heartbreakingly underrated supertalented acclaimed stage actor hotUncle Tse Kwan Ho (think of a better looking HK OhManSeok) is on board. He’s been in so many sorry duds wasting a decade+ of his precious time and talent he deserves to be in sth decent PRONTO TPTB. MAKE IT WORK. The most rabid and talented HXY fandom has ALREADY projected YH in the role a year ago: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9zGOMx1pN-E/
- ie YH’s wrapped up his cameo for Det Dee. He and Ray Ma and their costar actress buddy have been busy also being 3 stooges on set, docu-ing it on weibo.
- He keeps weiboing silly karaokes. WHY SO PRECIOUS?! Also showing off his talent as being a photog for Ray Ma in some poorly lit dorm rm:
- Or snapping his dog Meowmeow:
- Being dreamy in interviews:
- he said he’s going to think up meaningful gifts paying back his loving fans. ALSO HE IS OPENING A BOOK STORE SELLING BOOKS HE REC’D ANY DAY NOW AND HE WILL HANG OUT THERE WITH HIS FRIENDS!!!! <is this THE meaningful gift?! He has the awesome-est taste in books, honest.
- Appearing in magazines. TONNES of magazines in Feb alone. So can I assume his numerous finished projects will see the daylight? Esp Mulan on AnHui cable now he and his leading lady there r slated to perform at their year end extravaganza. I love this set with his other leading lady Wang LuoDan the most, again one of his assets is he can always bring the best chemistry out of the lady in his arms. This is the most girly and pretty I’ve ever seen of Miss Wang. (I mean I’ll look !@$!^@^#%#! finer if I can koala him as well, duhhhh!):
- You’d better busy yourself some more, come kiss and magically mend my crappy hand!
- Why are you two still being SO shippery?! !
*R: SS talking about qualities in guys she likes. L: YH talking about qualities ‘he opines’ essential in a guy. And of course being HongShi, it’s word for word for word.*
8. BINNNNNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Some greetings for SamSung internal enjoyment. Sharing is caring and I’ll buy all the Smart Galaxies you are dumping out. A fangirl pact! So his first showing is in CF and J magazine. Not surprised. Rest up and choose sth I like as long as it takes!!!!!
*I stared and stared and stared and droolz.*
9. HATED the trailer of PD Zhao Wei’s 致我们终将逝去的青春 (So Young) on the music alone. Y the theatrics?!?!?!
It’s horridly cast, even though I can pick out every scene st from bk, all I see is stale kitsch, no hint of the magic sparks of Youth.